Knee pain is an increasing problem in society and as a result we see more and more patients with knee problems in our offices. Chiropractic treatment is very effective for many of the problems that cause knee pain and although a condition such as osteoarthritis is not curable, the symptoms can be reduced and the progression of the problem can be helped thanks to our unique approach to treatment.
Please read on to find out how!
• If knee pain is limiting your day-to-day or sporting activities
• You have been given painkillers and been told to rest with no long-term improvement
• You have been told you have arthritis and there is nothing that can be done?
Then chiropractic treatment may well be the answer. The knee is a complex joint that relies heavily on ligaments and muscles for stability.
The knee is a major weight bearing joint and is composed of
• The tibio-femoral joint (between the thigh and lower leg)
• The patello-femoral joint (between the knee cap and the thigh)
• Muscles and ligaments, which gives active and passive stability to the knee.
• Two ring shaped cartilage discs in the knee, called the menisci (one meniscus).